Wednesday, March 14, 2007

GENERAL QUARTERS

General Quarters (or GQ) is when a ship gets ready for battle ... everybody has a role to play to put the ship in the position of maximum readiness to fight, to defend, to protect, and to win!

I feel like our church is about to go to General Quarters as we approach Vision Sunday this week.

OUR PEOPLE ARE INVITING THEIR FRIENDS IN A BIG TIME WAY!
We did a 3 week series about going after people who are disconnected and then provided our folks with gift cards to local restaurants to treat their friends to a lunch/dinner to talk to them about church/Jesus.
I've heard so many AWESOME stories ... Sunday is going to rock!

WE GET TO GO TO NEWSPRING TOMORROW.
32 people from Rock Bridge are going to get a glimpse of something awesome tomorrow. They'll be motivated, encouraged, and challenged to go to war for the kingdom of God!

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT
We're on the verge of making a major announcement about the impact Rock Bridge can have. It's going to be AWESOME!

PRAYER
I have to say my personal prayer life is no where near GQ level but I'm getting there. I find I need more time to pray than ever before!!

CHURCH IS AWESOME!!
There's no other way to describe it. Church is the greatest thing in the world. Thank God for letting sinful play a small role in His greater plan.