Friday, March 16, 2007

Watch out!

The Unleash Conference yesterday at NewSpring was absolutely amazing! We took 33 people over to Anderson, SC to be stretched, encouraging, and enlarged by God and the conference did not disappoint!

The last main session was unforgettable as Perry talked about the challenge of leadership & pastoring and the need to keep the call & vision strong. I was reminded/challenged on a few things:

January 12, 2002
That was the day when God called me to start Rock Bridge: to start a different kind of church than Dalton-Whitfield-NW Georgia has ever seen!

Obeying God is as simple as listening to God.
What a statement!
As our church has grown my need to listen to God has greatly increased ... I sense it, I know it, now I have got to do it!

Vision
--I must own it.
--Some people won't get it (let them leave or ask them to)
--Budget & Staff for vision ... nothing else!
--Vision comes from God not man, not tradition, not personal preferences.
--Rock Bridge has a BIG vision ... get ready for Sunday!